MIXOLOGY 101: CRANBERRY MOJITO!
With Thanksgiving fast approaching, it's time to start planning out your contribution to the annual family shindig. What could be better than a signature cocktail? Trust us -- you'll need one once your offensive uncle you see twice a year starts talking about the 2016 presidential campaign!
The recipe below yields 6 servings.
- 24 oz fresh cranberries
- 3 c sugar
- 3 c water
- 60 mint leaves
- 6 tbs lime juice
- crushed ice
- 12 oz white rum
- 12 - 18 oz soda water
- fresh cranberries to garnish (optional)
- Put the cranberries, sugar and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Lower the heat to low and continue to cook for about 10 minutes, remove from heat before the berries start bursting. Should you have some of the cranberries burst, don't fret. Cool completely.
- Once the berry mixture has cooled, strain and discard berries.
- Put ~10 leaves of mint and one tablespoon lime juice into each glass. With the back of a wooden spoon or a muddler mash the mint.
- Add ice to each glass and pour 2 ounces of the cranberry syrup and 2 ounces rum into each glass.
- Top off each glass with soda water and float a few fresh cranberries to garnish.
Just in time for Turkey Day!
(Recipe courtesy of food.com)